Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New Studio!!

I finally created a painting studio space in our new house. This is a photo of me glowing with delight as I hauled the boxes of crap I packed up over three months ago.

The new studio is the porch. Recently occupied as b-squad furniture-room. It's a great space because it's a separate room from the rest of the house, the cats hang out there, and there's excellent ventilation & lighting. Also, in the new house, we have more storage space, so I need not store paintings in the same area I paint paintings.

I've taken a break from painting before, but never for this long. Don't get me wrong, I've still have been creating and making, just not in the "fine art" realm. I have a million ideas for new paintings. Some of them will be great, some of them will be really dumb, and some won't get off the ground. It's like you're about to see an old friend again! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Steven Lang said...

Sweet. I'm jealous. My porch is for losers.