Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My television addiction

I've recently finished the Sopranos series and I am finally now able to enjoy new, non-episodic forms of media. Since my move from Woke Up This Morning attributed entertainment, I've been able to enjoy two excellent films: Ran and Rashomon, by what Netflix's calls Japan's legendary auteur, Akira Kurosawa. Also (believe it or not), I've been able to read a whole book! Tar baby, by Toni Morrison.

Don't feel like I've gone too far to the dark side, as we're already girdle-deep into Mad Men season.

My thoughts on the final episode of the Sopranos, you ask?
I think Tony does NOT get killed! And I think Meadow is pregnant (remember how flustered she was parking the car and how Carm mentioned she was changing birth control?). The "Meadow with Child" hypothesis might mean the final episode enters in a new Soprano, instead of depicting the loss on one (Tony in particular.)

Next in my queue is 21 Grams and The Color Purple. Next book I'm reading is William Faulkner's Sanctuary.

...., but who the hell cares, really?

No comments: