Thursday, March 5, 2009

You can either fight the Mountain Lion, or risk jumping of the cliff.

Composing a  "life plan" has always been an enjoyable pass-time for me. Part fantasy, part goal setting, it allows me to develop the complex details of a future life. 

Lately, I've decided to give up the dream of working for an independent Jeweler with flexible hours, design freedom, and benefits. I now focus my attention on putting together an elaborate Choose your own Adventure of Jewelry careers. The more progress I make in infiltrating the industry, the more my life plan starts out "Ok, so if that doesn't work, I can always do this, and that'll be alright."

What really drives my crazy is that I really can't picture myself past where I am now: in debt, sleeping late, and making wearable art (unwearable jewelry). The career life sounds like a bummer in comparison.  

1 comment:

Art Jeweller said...

Believe me, you are much better than you think you are. Your work is excellent.
Hans