Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Break 2009!

Spring Break looses a lot of its luster when you reach a certain age, but non the less I'm excited for the time to myself and I've been occupying myself with delusions of grandeur for all the thing I plan accomplish. So, here's another list for the things-to-do over Spring Break 2009:

-Carve those wax figurines I've been meaning to do for a year now. Similarly, I want to start collecting plastic toy animals for thrift stores to cast into metal and hang the heads from chains.
-I don't want to obsess entirely over the closing mechanism on the newest locket project, but I need to figure a way to make the damn thing close (and then open). magnets?

-Bite the bullet and make a significant Rio Grand (jewelry stuff-supplier) order

-Purchase a a tube of Black Honey Lipstick, which is more significant than it seems, as I need an ample amount of mental preparation to enter a fancy department store where I suspect everyone is judging me.

-Have the paintings I would have liked to include in a show, but couldn't because they're warped, framed to hide the warping.

-Figure out how to master the game of darts. I'm thinking my scheduled time in Burnett County, Wisconsin might be the way to do it.

-Check out the Walker's current Elizabeth Peyton exhibit

-Clean up the annoying remnants of my short lived plaster-sculptress career and get back to painting!

No comments: