Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm done with school....again.

I've finished necklace school, also referred to as a Jewelry Manufacturing and Repair.

This is a picture of me before I had finished school, making some bad-ass lockets. That is my friend Andrea in the background, making something equally as bad-ass.

I've "finished school" before, so I know not too get too relieved that I'd never have to eat in a cafeteria again, as I may just get the urge to pursue computer science or something.

The thing is there is always a sense of sadness or loss when you can no longer count on the familiar. It is especially difficult considering they (the man) are planning to "discontinue" the jewelry program at MCTC in a year. As if finishing school again weren't frightening enough without the administration telling me they devalue a program I've worked really hard to complete. The man claims there's less than 5 jobs available for graduates (which I'm counting on being a miscalculation).

In other news, I'm looking for a bench jeweler job, so if you know anyone looking to hire a bench jeweler.....

The summer is proving to be fruitful thus far. I had a great year at Art a Whirl this year. Thanks to my friend Caitlin Karolczak who let me show at her studio and wrote down my contact info for everyone who asked (I had no time for business cards, school and all). Caitlin makes beautiful paintings. Caitlin's website (careful they're nudes)

I've also turned 27, which means I'm practically an adult. I ordered business cards today in an effort to grow up and so Cait will invite me back.



No comments: